Thursday, January 24, 2013

Television Shows

1/24/2013

Television Shows

You all know how much I value my television time but right this minute I'm dying for something good to watch.  Correction.  I'm dying for anything to watch that isn't filled with blood, gore and freaky serial killers.  Tried to watch the new show The Following and both Jeff and I were so disgusted by the mass murdering of people and animals that we stopped midway and deleted the show from our season pass.  Sorry Kevin Bacon, I like you but not that much.

Where are the funny shows?  Is comedy dead?  Gads I hope not because we could all use a good chuckle every now and then.  My cooking and reality shows are beginning to look better and better all the time.

People want to talk about gun control and while they're doing that they should also take a look at the violence in movies and television shows.  I don't mind a police drama like Rizzoli and Isles where there's been a murder but it's not the main focus of the show and the two women have some fun together while solving the crime.

A new show that I watch alone is Neighbors about the humans living next door to aliens.  The show is lame, I will admit that, but nothing bad happens and I'm beginning to warm up to the aliens - who are a little stiff and odd.

Both Jeff and I make our own sacrifices with regard to the shows we're willing to watch for couch equality.  I take naps during Ice Pilots or Flying Alaska and Jeff manages to sit through Baggage Battles and Shipping Wars.  We watch Shark Tank together and rather like seeing what people have invented (and sometimes wishing that we'd thought of it)!  Jeff draws the line at most cooking shows but he will watch Chopped with me.  But if it's Cupcake Wars - he's out of the room in a flash

So note to television executives - not all of us want to endure night after night watching murder and mayhem.  If that's what we wanted all we have to do is turn on the nightly news.  Give us a happy, sappy show now and again.  Laughing is good for the soul.  There is enough real violence in the world that we don't need more on the screen.  

Food for the day - Peanut Butter.  As it turns out I just finished eating a piece of toast with peanut butter.

January 24th events in history: 1964 the first swimsuit issue of "Sports Illustrated" came out and in 1984 the first Apple Macintosh went up for sale.

Here is the east there's a little snow on the ground and we're having a heatwave this morning - it's 20 degrees outside.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...