Thursday, December 1, 2016

All I Want For Christmas.....

12/1/2016

Yes indeed folks, December is really here.  The Christmas rush is on.  I start my shopping early, and by now have most things bought.  Wrapping however bores me.  It could be that it bores me because I'm absolutely no good at it!  I love the hunt of the "perfect" gift for somebody - but I would rather give the gift a brown paper bag - which is no good I realize.

I was on Amazon yesterday and in case you're wondering when am I not on Amazon, not often as it turns out.  Amazon has Oprah's Favorite Things listed.  I was curious to see what made the list, and more importantly how many, if at all, were things I could afford.  

We all know that Oprah is richer than Midas himself, and her tastes are of a higher standard then I'm used to certainly.  So let's see what's on the list shall we?

  • Puffer Vest for $59.50
  • Kitchen Cutter for $199
  • Down Coat for $189
  • Security Camera for $199
  • Lip Sculptor for $34
  • Pom Knit Hat for $60
  • Fancy Sweatshirt for $112
  • Custom Dog Blanket for $395
  • Poinsettia Flower Pot Cake for $165
  • Pajama Set for $150
  • Fancy Threaded Clutches for $250
  • Nail Lacquer Collection for $150
So, if you happen to be on my Christmas list, I hate to disappoint, but none of the above items are going to be under your tree.  Apologies.

To be fair, there were some more reasonably priced items on her list, but nothing that actually screamed at me as something I wanted to buy.  I put a lot of effort into the gifts that I buy for my family, and I'm always happiest when I think of something super unique to buy.  I do ask Benjamin what he would like for Christmas, and use that as a start for buying his things.  However, this year I have thought of several things for him that I know nobody else will buy.  And, I'm pretty sure that he'll enjoy his gifts.

Buying for the boys is a real challenge since they are adults.  When they were little, we would hire a babysitter and hit Toys-R-Us one evening and run around the store and get all their toys in one swoop.  Well those days are long gone, and I'm generally at a loss as to what to buy.  And, buying for Jeff is nearly impossible!  He thinks I'm hard to buy for, but I disagree.  I like just about everything, but I tend to like a lot of things that aren't particularly useful, just pretty or nice!  What can I say?  I'm a girlie girl.

I've even bought an inexpensive but very useful gift for the ladies in my book club. I think they'll like them.

Happy Shopping!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...