Sunday, December 18, 2016

Gloomy Sunday

12/18/2017

Even though I'm now another year older, my body still feels pretty much the same, and I guess that's a good thing.  

Yesterday evening, Andy and Stacey came to the house to celebrate my birthday and Christmas.  I received some lovely gifts.  When we were at the aquarium in September, I fell in love with the jelly fish tank.  Stacey bought me a glass jellyfish and a lighted stand for it to sit on.  I can't wait to plug it in.  I also got a diary/coloring book which will be a lot of fun to use, as well as a simply soft throw blanket that I'll put near my recliner (but out of the way of those destroying teeth)!

I had bought Jeff and Andy winter shirts.  Andy's was fleece lined and Jeff's was a chamois shirt.  Unfortunately, neither of those shirts fit!  Thank goodness that Amazon makes returning things super duper easy.  I have already printed off my return labels and tomorrow will go to the UPS store and ship them off.  I was so disappointed that neither shirt fit.  This makes me wonder if the shirt I bought for Scott, which hasn't arrived yet, will also be too small.  

Last night, we went to a favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner.  Earlier in the day, I had made myself a chocolate birthday cake with white icing.  At the restaurant, for dessert Stacey and I both ordered the tres de lica (or however you spell it) cake.  I was pretty full after dinner, so I saved my cake so that I can have it today.  

I have a few of Benjamin's toys to put away today, as well as unused wrapping paper.  My bah humbug Christmas decorations consisted only of garland on the mantel, so with one quick pull, I'll  return the house to its original condition.  That's not to suggest that the house will be uber clean or anything, the floors are still littered with bones and fluff!  Though I did send Andy home with several of the really hard stuffed bones that the puppies can't successfully chew.  He has big dogs and I know they will enjoy the bones very much.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...