Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Eve

12/24/2016

Woke to a rainy, very gray day.  Not exactly the type of weather that's good for someone who suffers from "SAD".  While I'm sitting at the computer, I have my "Happy Light" on which gives me I don't know how many watts (if that's even the right word) of sunshine-like light. Under doctor's orders, I use my light during the winter months every day.  If I'm at the computer, my light is on and it's uber bright.

Jeff got up with the dogs, but it's pretty hard to go back to sleep when the puppies have pranced all over your body in their eagerness to (a) eat and (b) potty outside (fingers crossed)!  Jeff is fixing his breakfast, so I take my coffee and get out of the kitchen.  I'll fix my bagel later.  Though the kitchen isn't particularly small, with the addition of the gates blocking the kitchen off, it somehow seems confining.  

It is estimated that between December 16th and January 5th, approximately 45.2 million people will fly somewhere here in the states.  Interestingly, the world's busiest airport is Atlanta, which surprised me.  Chicago and LAX were 2 and 3 respectfully.  Washington DC's airports didn't make it onto the top 5 list.  It's been so long since I've been in an airport, but when I was young, and we traveled with my grandmother, she loved sitting and waiting for the plane, because of all the interesting people she saw.  If they were interesting then, I know she would find people today in varying degrees of dress and covered with piercings and tattoos. As a child, when Dad flew from France to New York for his next assignment, I was required to wear a skirt, etc.  Since it was a military flight, we were not allowed to leave the plane until the officers had exited.  Try and explain that to a child.  And in those days, flight had no entertainment.  You actually had to bring whatever you wanted to play with and it, obviously, had to be approved by Mom.  When I think of the road trips we took, with the three of us crammed into the back seat, it's a wonder that we didn't kill each other.  Unlike the kids today, we didn't have electronic toys to play with, nor did we have the ability to sit back and watch a movie.  If we had, then our trips would have been more peaceful.

Last night, keeping our Friday dinner tradition alive, we had tacos.  Not great tacos like you would get in California for instance, but tacos just the same. Jeff is off work until after the 1st, so hopefully he'll get some extra rest, he certainly needs and deserves it.

I think tomorrow is a movie day.  There is a movie out about the coders at Canaveral, back in the early 60's.  I don't mind sitting through an okay movie, but Jeff, doesn't go to the movies often, wants to see a good/great movie.

I'll wish you all a Merry Christmas just in case I don't get to my computer tomorrow morning.



Image result for picture of peace

 

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and I wish you a happy and healthy new year that is filled with smiles and laughter.
    Love, Marilee

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...