Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Errands

12/13/2016

Yesterday, I was a brave buckeroo.  Why?  I went to the post office!  Horrors.  All I needed was a roll of stamps and I knew there might be a line, but when I got there it was a long line.  People were holding or dragging their boxes and packages to be weighed.  The sound of packing tape was everywhere.  I don't understand why people wait until they are in the post office to try and figure out what size box or padded envelope they need.  When it was my turn, the cashier looked at me like I had three heads - a roll of stamps - that's all you need?  Yup, that's all I need.  When I was leaving the post office, a woman drove by and asked if the line inside was insane.  I assured her that it was.

I then went to KMart to buy a few things.  Gift bags because bags don't require any real effort on my part.  I know that makes me sound lazy, but you haven't seen my gift wrapping talents, or actually my lack of those skills!  Bones for the puppies was obviously on the list, pumpkin bread mix and a sweatshirt for yours truly.

The store was a little more crowded than usual.  Normally, it's just us grannies and women with small children who let it be none to everyone in the store how much they hate being in the store.  Yesterday though there were obviously some shoppers who seemed clueless about what to buy.  Men, in particular, headed for the pre-packaged gift boxes of bath gel, hand lotion, etc.  If the woman you're buying for, likes that sort of thing, then it's a great gift.  Otherwise, it might seem like a cop out. Boxes of candy were being piled into carts, as were 2017 calendars, socks and slippers.  And in the jewelry section were boxes of necklaces and earrings.  I don't believe I need to go to a store this week or next, at least I hope not.  If I thought the store was a bit crazy yesterday, by next week shoppers will be in a frenzy.

My job today is to wrap Benjamin's presents since he's coming to stay with us tomorrow for a few days.  I don't have to worry about boxes, because my office looks like the inside of an Amazon warehouse.  I have boxes stacked upon boxes, all waiting to be either used or recycled.  I have a few Christmas cards to address, and then I can check that off my list.

After I have searched and bought presents, I'd rather give them to everybody now, rather than have to wait.  Andrew et al are coming on Saturday, and we'll have Christmas then, so my wait is nearly over.
So once I've sorted the presents into either bags or boxes (wrapping may be optional!), then I'll clean up my office and put it back into order.  My OCD will be happy when the office is nice and tidy again.

Have a great Tuesday.

P
Image result for picture of last minute shopping


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...