Friday, December 9, 2016

Friday - Yeah!

12/9/2016

It's Friday and a better Friday than most Fridays.  Jeff has the day off, you know the use it or lose it vacation type of day.  So, happily and rather greedily on my part, I let Jeff get up with the girls and I continued to snooze for a few more hours.  

And, because it's Friday, and we normally have tacos for dinner, I don't even have to cook tonight.  Could a more perfect day be had?  I don't think so.  Weather today on the cool, or some would say cold, side.  Fireplace is on as well as the furnace.  It would be lovely, but probably not likely, that we'll have a white Christmas.

When we lived in California, we did our Christmas shopping in shorts and sandals and the temperature was warm.  Here, even if it doesn't snow, it's at least cold outside and wearing a sweater or coat when you're outside feels pretty good.

Between now and when Benjamin comes to stay, I have to think of a place in the house to put his presents.  Nothing is wrapped, and of course if I wrapped them in advance of his visit, then I could leave the presents out in plain sight - but, obviously high enough so that the dogs' couldn't get to them.  

I have a couple of presents yet to arrive from Amazon.  Based on the amount of business I've given them this year - think dog bones and antlers - I should probably get a Christmas card from them!  Every now and then I think the puppies are beginning to mature, as they don't seem to have their normal frenzy when it comes to chewing.  And, there are even moments, all of which I cherish, when the girls simply lay down and nap.  When they've destroyed something that they're not supposed to, I remind myself that eventually they will be dogs and hopefully trained enough to be good dogs.  It's the waiting for the eventual part that's hard.

I have book club next Tuesday and then on Wednesday Benjamin is coming to stay with us until Saturday.  On Saturday, when I just happen to turn 67 (yikes!), Andy and Stacey are coming to the house to celebrate my birthday and we'll have Christmas then too.  Benjamin has two toys that require batteries.  I've made note of what type and how many and I'll let Santa know to have them on hand after the gifts are opened.  Nothing worse than getting something that requires batteries, and there's none to be found!  It's disappointing even for an adult, but much worse for a child.

All my Christmas cards are done.  All that's left is to put stamps on them and put them in the mailbox.  Maybe because I suffer a little from OCD (or actually more than a little), I have the need to get everything done quickly.  That, of course, means that by Christmas week, I've got nothing else to do.  And, no if you're wondering, housework and laundry doesn't count in my "to do" list.  Those happen to be chores that I could/should do every day.  But, they are so boring and when you're done, it's time to start all over again!

I see at the local pet store that I can have the puppies take their picture with Santa.  I would love to do that, but obviously one of the first stumbling blocks is to get the puppies actually IN the car.   I'm not a pet lover who goes all ga-ga over them, but a picture of them this year, would be very nice.  

Okay dear readers, it's time for me to leave the computer and go and get busy doing the necessary things.  I hope you have a great Friday.

P


Image result for picture of puppies with santa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...