Monday, December 26, 2016

Peace and Quiet

12/26/2016

Yesterday was all about reflecting on peace and goodwill.  Today, however, will all about the after Christmas sales.  The stores will be teeming with people, who are either in the store to (a) exchange and/or return a gift(s) that didn't fit or they didn't like; and (b) people who are really interested in wrapping paper, etc. being sold at ridiculous prices. 

There was a time when I "thought" about buying wrapping paper after Christmas, but I stopped short of actually purchasing any, because frankly I don't want to have to find a home for the paper for an entire year.  And, the way my brain works, I would likely forget where I put the paper in the first place.

Tensions can run high between customers and sales people.  Some people won't have a receipt, nor are they even sure they are returning the gift to the right store.  Behind counters everywhere, will be stacked and/or tossed the remnants of Christmas past.  I don't know about you, but when I open up a package of let's say clothes, you can almost never get said clothing item back in it's original package.  Gifts upon opening them, just seem to explode, like a mini protest of not wanting to go back into the bag.  Actually, I don't blame them.  I have no idea what stores do with these opened and sloppily packed packages. Maybe there is somebody or some company that restuffs stuff.  I know it's a job that has to be done, otherwise how can they ever hope of selling said item again.

It's another dreary day.  Yesterday, my lunch consisted of taco chips and cheese, washed down with peppermint ice cream.  Nearly a perfect meal.  Jeff did brave the crowds at the local Chinese restaurant and brought home some good food.  

Based on the TV guide for this week, Jeff and I may have to talk to one another in the evenings!  Horrors.  Everybody is on holiday and that holds true for television shows.  We should see the return of our shows after the first of the year.

Jeff's going to go to Scott's house today to work on something.  Perhaps his generator.  I "may" venture out to a store, but thankfully I won't be standing in the returns/exchange line.  I stay in the house for days at a time, and then I know that for the good of my mental health, I really need to go out somewhere.  Even a trip to McDonald's would count as an outing!

Have a wonderful day and I know most of you have the day off - so enjoy, enjoy.

P
Image result for picture of presents being returned

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...