Saturday, December 3, 2016

Toys and Batteries

12/3/2016

I know there is nothing worse for a child than getting a toy for Christmas that requires batteries.  And Santa didn't bring any!  To make sure that this doesn't occur, I looked at all the things we've bought Benjamin and noted which toy needs batteries and which kind and how many.  

Luckily, only one toy this year needs batteries, and I've sent a note to "Santa" to make sure that the batteries arrive with the toy.  

There were times in the past, a long time in the past, when Jeff would have to assemble toys on Christmas Eve.  And, inevitably, there was either a missing part or a broken part.  This situation is hard to explain to a child, I don't care how old they are.

Quite frankly, even as an adult, I'd be disappointed to receive a gift that needs something to make it useful.  Happily, my Christmas list, such as it is, doesn't ask for any electrical or battery operated items.  Last year, Jeff bought a really big flat screen television and power recliners.  Great gifts.

Even though the boys are now adults, they still play games occasionally on some sort of device.  What kind of device?  Beats the heck out of me lieutenant.  When the boys were young(er), they always wanted the latest John Madden video game.  And, I wouldn't even begin to try and buy something - pretty sure I would screw it up.  And if it needed to be sent back, you have to find the receipt, a bag or box to ship it in and arrange to get said item shipped.  I'm pretty good about saving receipts for things bought as gifts at Christmas.  The original box it was shipped in - not so much!

So remember when you buy toys this month, to check the package for any needed batteries.




Image result for picture of toys that need batteries but aren't included




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...