Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Another Day, Another Package

12/21/2016

It's another day and another package from Amazon.  Today, the driver was dropping off a package for the dogs.  They put up such a racket that I'm sure he believes that Attila the Hun lives here!  Boy would he be surprised to see such relatively small dogs!  Who said that small dogs can't protect your property?  Admittedly, their wagging tails would ultimately give them away, but their barking is enough to wake the dead - or in my case - the sleeping person.

If it's warmer outside today, I think I will sweep the leaves off of the front porch.  If I was super charged up, I would also "leaf" the leaves off the yard.  I don't know if I've got that much enthusiasm! 

To keep our throw pillows and blankets safe from the puppies, I have bought a plastic container that should (fingers crossed) hold the pillows.  I know that the pillows are not super expensive, but the price adds up when you're losing one or two pillows a week.  And the fluff simply goes everywhere.

It's hard being a senior citizen for many obvious reasons.  But, I am tired of the phone calls trying to sell me, knee or back braces, as well as the "I've fallen and I can't get up" button.  It's true that if I fall, I need to crawl over to something so I can stand up.   So if I pressed the button, who's going to come and haul my sorry butt up?  

Just a few more shopping days left.  Rather than go to a store right now, I'd actually prefer to see the dentist!  And, I hate going to the dentist.  By now, anyone who is shopping is nearing desperation in hopes of finding the perfect gift for someone.  

Jeff has only to work today and tomorrow and then he's off until January.  The extra days will give him plenty of time to rest, which he really needs.  Of course, sleeping in with the puppies is still not an option.  They want up by 7:00 for breakfast.  Once fed, they are then happy to take a nap.  Obviously, by that time, we're up and might as well start our day.

Happy Wednesday.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...