Saturday, December 17, 2016

Yesterday and Today

12/17/2017

I didn't blog yesterday because I was busy being grandma or MomMom as Benjamin calls me.  It was super cold outside, so staying in didn't even seem like an option.  We turned the fireplace on (gotta love the power of gas) and that kept the den toasty all day.

To show how good a grandma I am, I watched eposides (notice the "s") of Spongebob Square Pants!  If you haven't had the pleasure of enjoying this cartoon, I suggest you keep it that way.  Spongebob's voice can get on your last nerve from the very beginning.  However, Benjamin loves this cartoon, so last night, after Jeff had gone upstairs, I sat through too many episodes to count.

This morning we woke up to some light snow, sleet mixed with rain.  Another good day to stay inside.  Andrew and Stacey are coming this afternoon.  We're going to celebrate my birthday (it's today and I'm 67) and Christmas.  I'm not cooking dinner.  We're going out to eat and yesterday I baked a chocolate fudge cake for my birthday.  

Daisy has been jumping the fence over into the neighbor's yard.  I think she does it because she can.  Trouble is, she can't seem to jump back into our yard.  Jeff has temporarily fixed the problem by using several loops of string in the area where she makes her great escape.  What Daisy really wants, and is difficult to attain in our backyard, since it's small, is run - really run.

I fixed french toast for Benjamin yesterday and it was his first time tasting something so yummy.  He liked it very much.  Who wouldn't?  Sugar, butter, syrup all warmed up, nearly a perfect meal (kidding)!

I was going to make cookies, but somehow can't seem to get my heart into doing it.  I don't think my heart's too sizes too small, just would rather curl up in my chair and do some reading until I start dozing.  These are two of my favorite things.

It seems unlikely but it would be wonderful to have a white Christmas.  It could snow on Christmas and then melt the next day.  I don't need snow to stick around - just blow in - and blow back out.  We don't really get snow until January/February and when it does snow, I'm thankful that I don't have to brave the elements and drive to work.  The farthest I have to go is out to the mailbox, if I want.

On Friday, Jeff made gumbo.  He made it a bit spicy, which is the way we like our food.  Today, I'm going to put some in a tupperware bowl and freeze it, so we can enjoy it later.J eff makes the most amazing scrambled eggs and soup/stews.  I'm too impatient to stand and chop up veggies into bite-sized pieces.  What's the problem with hunks of veggies?

Gotta go.  Do have to get myself dressed and ready for the day.

P


Image result for picture of birthday cake

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful, relaxing birthday!!
    Stay warm.

    Love, Ruthie

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...