Monday, December 12, 2016

Monday

12/12/2016

Yesterday afternoon, Jeff and I went to a friend's house for a mid-day meal.  They have just recently moved into a new house, and it is truly beautiful.  Plus, their house is on a big lot, and there are no neighbors living on top of them.  

We started our meal with Vichyssoise, which I had never had before.  I had a small serving and it was pretty good and I'm glad I tried it.  We had spaghetti and naan bread, which was also a first for me.  Jeff and I brought a bottle of wine and a Tres Leches Cake, which I absolutely love.

After our meal, the men went into the living room and Gabby and I remained at the table and talked.  We talked about many things, their upcoming vacation plans, acupuncture as well as the state of my mental health.  

By the time we got home and released the dogs from the basement, which was still intact (amazing in itself), and watched a little television, Jeff didn't get to bed until quite late.  I know that when he gets home, he's going to need a nap in his recliner.  The puppies are good nappers, so likely he'll have company in the chair.

It's dark and gray outside and has sprinkled.  I don't know which is worse - sprinkles or downright rain.  When it sprinkles, the front window of your car, or perhaps I should state it this way, the front window of my car, has to have the wipers on periodically, just the way I am.

I need to go to a store to get a few things for my gift giving.  And, I've run out of Christmas cards to send, so need to get another small box.  My office is overflowing with Amazon boxes.  I hesitate to throw any away, until I'm sure I have used some/any of the boxes for presents.  There's no need to buy special boxes, when I have so many cluttering the floor!

I will wrap the presents for Benjamin and Stacey.  The boys and Jeff - not so much.  As adult men, the element of surprise doesn't matter much and neither does the wrapping.  Essentially, put a gift in an Amazon box, seal it with packing tape and write the recipient's name on the outside.  Done and done.

Tomorrow is book club and I'm afraid I won't have much, if anything, to lend to the discussion.  I don't think I understood the book and truth be told, didn't enjoy it very much.  That maybe because the books that I read, don't actually fall into the "good literature" category.  I predominately read what can best be described as "gentle" reads.  No murders or mayhem and the characters are predictable in their behavior.  The trouble with having a book on my Kindle is that when discussing the book, the others can flip through the pages.  That's doable on the Kindle, but not as easy.

Time for me to get moving.  The day waits for no one!

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...