Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Nearly Done!

12/14/2016

Yesterday, I "wrapped" my presents.  Wrapped being too nice of a word for what I can do to a package!  Actually, mangling is a more accurate description.  But, it's the thought that counts, at least that's what they always say.

I have two more Christmas cards to address and then I'm done with that job too.  Now all I have to do is wait for Saturday, which is going to be our Christmas and my birthday celebration with Andy et al.

Benjamin is coming today and will stay with us until Saturday.  We're going to a movie with Stacey this afternoon.  Our Tivo is filled with all kinds of children's movies: Shrek, Toy Story, Frosty, etc.  I'm not expecting Jeff to sit and watch these movies, but Benjamin and I will do some serious television watching in front of the fire.

Yesterday afternoon, I heard a lot of barking outside.  When I ventured out, I saw that Daisy was in the neighbor's yard and she was barking her head off.  Bella, who could see but could not get to her friend, was also barking.  I couldn't unlatch the neighbor's gate, so I had to call her and ask her to come and let Daisy out.  Unfortunately, Daisy is still small enough that she can with some effort manage to get under our gate.  Desperate to keep her in the yard, I found the bottom of Emma's birdcage, which is a large piece of aluminum and I wedged that underneath the gate.  Still not satisfied that the cage bottom would be enough to dissuade Daisy, I found a really large and heavy piece of wood and dragged that over to the gate. For added measure, I took a few bricks out of a flowerbed and pushed them up against the outside of the gate.  Will all of these keep her in the yard?  It should, but I think when an animal is determined to do something, they find a way.

Tomorrow is supposed to be super cold here, so Benjamin and I will not be venturing out.  We'll stay inside and probably make cookies.  

I know this is short, but MomMom has things to do before Benjamin comes.


P



Image result for picture of dog digging under a gate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...