Saturday, December 31, 2016

New Year's Eve

12/31/2016

It's the night of the big ball drop, and maybe somehow Jeff and I will manage to stay up that late.  But, if we don't, we know that the new year is going to start anyway.

Tomorrow, people everywhere will be making their New Year's Resolutions.  Typically, those are: going to lose weight, stop smoking and/or drinking, get organized, spend less, save more (good luck with that) and enjoy life.

I know myself well enough to know that the lose weight resolution only lasts about as long as it takes me to eat a raw carrot.  Obviously saying, that the resolution is very, very short-lived.  Jeff would be in favor of the spend less resolution.  And, I promise that I try, I really do.  But you know that the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and spending less is a good intention, but well ......

Benjamin is staying with us until Tuesday.  I'm now tasked with coming up with activities for him.  It's too cold to play outside, and I'm hoping against all hope, that he doesn't want to watch Sponge Bob Square Pants!  I thought sitting through countless hours of Shrek movies was bad, they are nothing compared to the horrible voice that is Sponge Bob.  I actually feel sorry for the person who has to be Sponge Bob!  I just checked and the voice of Sponge Bob is Tom Kenny and his worth is estimated at $14M.  

I have a mix to make oatmeal raisin cookies, so perhaps Benjamin and I will undertake the making of Pop Pop's favorite cookie.  But, more likely I will do the baking and Benjamin will be the "taste testing" man!

Keeping this short for two reasons (a) I don't have much to say (I know that sounds positively impossible) and (b) need to be monitoring Benjamin.

Happy New Year.

P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...