Friday, December 2, 2016

Shopping's Done!

12/2/2016

Please don't hate me, but I like to get my things done in a timely manner.  I spend a fair amount of time pondering what to buy for people.  I enjoy the hunt and am hugely satisfied when I find that special thing.  The one thing nobody has asked for.  Perfecto.

Most of my shopping is on-line (love Amazon), but today because it's a week day and everybody but old people like me and young mothers, should be out of the stores, I went to KMart.  I know super high end stuff there.  But I had made a list of the things I wanted to buy for Stacey (DIL) and a few small things for Benjamin.  I also bought Benjamin a really large plastic tote box that he can use to store his Legos.  The plastic box alone will give me lots of "good" mother-in-law points!

I have some Christmas cards to address and unfortunately, my handwriting of which I once was so proud, is now a bit on the shaky side.  Can't be helped.  It is what it is.

Then that leaves me to the part of Christmas that I really don't like.  Wrapping - ugh.  Since we had boys, it was easy enough to put a gift inside a white box, tape it shut, use a magic marker to write the names down.  The boys couldn't have cared less, but I know they dreaded the shirt-sized boxes, because 99% of the time it meant clothes.  And, we all know that clothes to boys/men are boooooring!

I still don't make much of an effort when wrapping things up for Jeff and the boys.  None of them care a hoot about ribbons and bows.   This is a good thing since I am absolutely all thumbs when it comes to "doing up" a package.  I do try, and the emphasis is on the word try, to make a larger effort on the gifts I give to Stacey.  It doesn't how many years I've been doing this wrapping thing, my techniques haven't gotten any better over the years.

Next trip to the store will be to get gift boxes and a really big bag for Benjamin's really big present.  And then I'm done.  If you know me, then you also know that having my shopping done by the early part of December, is nothing new.  I do it every year.  

Off to do some actual work/chores that need doing.  But, it was nice to get out of the house for a change and go through the aisles, poking at this and that.

Happy Shopping!

P

By the way, my gift wrapping is better than this, but not much better (insert smiley face here)!


Image result for picture of badly wrapped christmas gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...