Thursday, December 29, 2016

What Day Is It?

12/29/2016

For some reason, and it may be because Jeff is home, that I've lost track of what day of the week it is.  I know in the big scheme of things, what's the problem?  I suppose it's a minor problem, but a bit troubling to me.

Jeff is enjoying his days off.  After breakfast, he heads for his recliner for a short nap, which may or may not include one or both of the puppies.  Daisy, in particular, loves to sleep on a lap, and she's not partial who's lap she's on.

You know they say that deaths come in threes.  Well, not in threes, but we do have issues in the house.  We've got two slide out shelves that need new brackets, which are on order.  The ice maker, for no apparent reason, has taken a nose dive.  I don't know about you, but I love ice in my cold drinks.  And, I'm confident that Jeff will be able to diagnosis the problem, and I think he already knows what the problem is, and be able to fix it.  Jeff can fix just about anything.  About the only thing he doesn't do anymore, if he can help it, is getting on a ladder.  Oh, and he doesn't do roofs either.  When the solar people installed our panels, the workers were all over the roof, and seemed so comfortable up there.  

On a whim, Jeff bought two cans of jambalaya.  I cooked kielbasa, added the contents of the can, put in some green chilies, added frozen shrimp, stirred and dinner was served.  For something coming out of a can, it really was quite good.  I was skeptical about how the jambalaya was going to taste, coming from a can.  I'll tell you that it was good enough to buy again.

Gloomy, gray day outside.  Looks like snow, or some other kind of weather, but there's nothing being predicted.  

Yesterday, I took my vacuum and used it to clean up the "calling cards" of our resident mouse(s) in the pantry.  In doing so, if I see any new "cards", I'll know that we still have a rogue mouse or two.  And, no I don't believe in mouse rehabilitation.  If they stay in the garage, I'm okay with that.  But, if you come into the house, your life time is going to be shortened.  The only good thing about having to take most things out of the pantry is that is it becomes a forced clean-up.  I'm not a germaphobe (or however you spell it), but once I see evidence of little teeth nibbling on the corner of a box or bag, I dump the contents.  Yesterday, for instance, I tossed out several sleeves of crackers.  

Have a great day, whether you think it's Thursday or Friday!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...