Thursday, December 22, 2016

Logical Friday

12/22/2016

Huh, you're asking yourself.  Jeff is off tomorrow and all next week, so today is logical Friday.  You don't have to say it, I have a weird way of looking at things.  It makes life more interesting and keeps people on their toes!

Last night when Jeff got home from work, he blew up all the leaves and then picked them up.  Huge thanks to Jeff for doing this for me.  Hopefully, we will get frost soon and then the leaves in the trees will stay there.

The girls got me up at 6:00 today.  I could stay in bed longer I suppose, but the sound of chewing forces me to get up.  If, and that's a big if, they were chewing on something appropriate, I could remain sleeping.  But nope, they're after shoes, slippers, socks and whatever else they find on the floor or they can reach.

I made pumpkin bread yesterday.  No not from scratch, but from one of those convenient boxes, which has everything from canned pumpkin to icing.  Doesn't get much easier than that.

I've got some books piling up on the table.  Sometimes, it's cheaper to order a hardback book than it is to load one on my Kindle.  I have reading glasses and can read, for a short period of time, a real book.  I love my Kindle and my ability to have the largest font available, there is still something special about holding a book.  The problem with books is that after reading them, I have to decide what to do with them.  Donate?  Give to a friend?  I think book buying for someone is a challenge.  The kind of books you like, may not be their "cup of tea".  In those instances, a gift certificate to Amazon or a book store would be better.

For chuckles, I have told Jeff that the Mercedes dealer is having a sale on cars!  Imagine that. We just finished paying off my car, and I put very few miles on it, so it's pretty much like a new car and she has lots of life left in her.  She just doesn't have all the bells and whistles that newer models have, but about all the driving I do is to the grocery store or nail salon.

It feels a little strange that we have already had Christmas.  The only decoration that I put up was a garland for the mantel.  So with one quick pull, my decorations will be down.  I used to really love Christmas, especially when the boys were young.  Now?  I have a bit of a ba humbug attitude.  Children make Christmas joyful.  The excitement as they open up their presents and they always say "ah" over each one.  When you are an adult, you sometimes or most times receive those dreaded shirt-sized boxes, which usually means clothes.  Or the long squishy package that is almost always socks.

Jeff jokingly told me that the puppies were my present.  I said "nay nay".  A present that requires poo scooping is not what I consider an actual present.  

Well my dears, time for me to close up my writing shop, and get some things done.  I know I say this just about every day, but I feel that today is/could be the day that I actually do some of those chores!

P




Image result for cartoon picture of household chores




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...