Monday, December 19, 2016

Sunny Monday

12/19/2016

After several days of gloom and doom weather, ironically it's a beautiful day - to go to work!  We're not having a heatwave temperature wise, but it's supposed to improve later in the week.  When we went out to dinner Saturday night, we had had some sleet, so the driveway and sidewalk were a bit tricky to walk on.  I guess that's just a reminder that winter is here.

After having celebrated my birthday and Christmas on Saturday, I feel a bit let down today.  Other than doing much needed chores, there is nothing that I need to do.  No cards to write, packages to wrap, stamps to buy - nothing.  I've even moved all the important dates (birthdays, etc.) over to my 2017 calendar.  Did I mention that I suffer from OCD?  (insert smiley face here).

The fleece hoody jacket that I bought for Andy didn't fit, so I've ordered him another one in a bigger size.  Jeff's chamois shirt didn't fit him either (sigh).  The good news is that Scott was here yesterday, and the hoody jacket fits him pretty well, so he's going to keep it.  One less package to return to Amazon!

Evidence of Benjamin's playtime is evidenced in the house.  Today, I will pick up the bits and pieces of his playing and put them back in their proper place, until next time he visits.  We have a large tub of foam blocks and thankfully Jeff took that tub back upstairs for me yesterday.

The girls have been outside and have returned to continue their morning "dog fight".  Once the fighting has stopped, every dog goes into respective corners and sleeps.  And, I love that they sleep.  When they're sleeping, I don't have to worry about what piece of furniture, pillow or you name it, is being chewed to bits.

For the last month or so, I've recorded every children's Christmas movie I could find.  And, while Benjamin was here, I got to watch them all!  I have now deleted them off of my Tivo, to make room for more cooking and/or reality shows!

Have a great Monday and maybe you are one of the lucky ones that has this Friday off.

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...