Monday, January 22, 2018

A Shutdown?

1/22/2018

The papers, and all the television news shows, are today talking about the impending shutdown of the government.  I believe that the rich, if the government does shut down, will likely cause only a ripple in their lives.

Ah, but then there's the thousands and thousands of people whose lives cannot withstand the financial burden a shutdown will have on their lives.  It's true that the people, who will be affected most, will be government workers.  And some of those government workers, live from paycheck to paycheck.  A shutdown for these workers, as well as for some non-government workers, could or would be a financial disaster.

Does the government that makes rules, and who wield a lot of power, truly care about Mr. and Mrs. Average American?  Of course, they spout concern, and we hope it's genuine, about those average Americans, who voted them into office in the first place.  But, I can't help thinking that the politicians, who are, or appear to be, on a higher rung on the ladder, than you and me, only feign concern.  It's entirely possible that these politicians, are looking beyond a government shutdown, and might be worrying about their next run for office.

I don't see a shutdown having much of an affect on us.  I believe, and I could be wrong here, that Medicare recipients, such as myself, will continue to receive their benefits.  I worry for the many people, who need a regular paycheck.  In my first life, I was poor, and I don't mean a little poor - nope - real poor.  When I would go to the grocery store, and only had double digits in my checking account, I had to carefully decide what food items I could afford to buy.  It's true that dented cans as well as out-of-date baked goods, for instance, was a financial blessing to my income, as a single mother. 

If I don't have all the facts straight - apologies - I do my best.

So there you have it - Cuzilu's rants from her soapbox today.  I hope I didn't offend anyone, because if I did, that was not my intent.  Sometimes, a person just needs to emote their feelings about a subject, and that person today was yours truly.

Having gotten all of this off my chest today, I'll find something definitely more pleasant to write about tomorrow.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...