Monday, January 8, 2018

Christmas Is Over!

1/8/2018

Christmas is over
Returns have been sent
Maybe this Christmas
Cash or gift cards will make much more sense

I have lately become a pro at returning stuff.  I bought clothes for folks, and because I didn't want to offend, I erred on the side of too small.  Unfortunately, my best intentions have come back and bit me in the butt.  This morning, I put out 4 packages for the mailman and 2 packages for UPS.  So, if you need something returned, I'm your girl!

Went to Stacey's spa party yesterday afternoon.  I had a lovely, lovely time.  We had facials and then soaked our feet in something that smelled really nice.  Stacey was nice enough to use the scrub cream on my feet.  I'm just not able to get to my feet, so I appreciated her doing this for me.  On the dining room table, were iced sugar cookies (my personal favorite), strawberries dipped in chocolate, pigs in a blanket, crackers and cheese, and some other sweet stuff!  I was in sugar heaven for sure.

I'm reading the new book about Trump, and there will be no opinions or comments expressed here.  I'll just say this, the book is interesting.

We're in the double digits - 16 degrees today.  There was mention of freezing rain, so Jeff took my car, which handles better in bad weather.  Apparently, there was an accident on his way to work, and he had to wait 45 minutes.  This did not make him a happy camper.  But, he reminds himself, as do I, that he only has to do this commute four more days.  And then he'll be like me, not too excited about winter weather.  If you don't have to drive in snow and/or ice, then it's not such a big deal.

We went to WalMart yesterday, and I gave Jeff a very "short" list of things to buy.  We have more than enough food in the pantry and freezer to last us for weeks.  Our problem is, we keep buying more frozen food and add those items to the almost full freezer in the basement.  If we do get a major snow storm this winter, and can't get out until the snow plow comes, we'll have no worries - we have lots of food to eat.  Oh, and lots of extra toilet paper on hand.  

Happy Monday.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...