Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Getting Organized

1/9/2018

After sending out multiple packages yesterday, I'm feeling pretty good about myself.  However, there is still some organizing to be done.  I have numerous outdoor shirts that seem to continually hang on kitchen chairs or other furniture.  While this is handy, I don't like it very much.  I need to take inventory of the hall closet and remove coats, jackets, etc., that are no longer used because they simply don't fit, so there is no reason for them to be taking up valuable "real estate"!

I'd like to be able to hang up the multiple outdoor shirts that Jeff wears in the closet.  I'm pretty sure (actually, I'm positive) that he won't like this, but I need to take charge of the areas of the house that I "rule".  The laundry room, kitchen and breakfast area are definitely "my" areas.

Next, I have a spare room that houses a whole bunch of Benjamin's toys.  Over time, the floor of that room has become a virtual death trap.  There are toys of all sizes strewn around on the floor, and they need to go into the toy box.  I could/should have Benjamin do this, but the time we have with him is precious, and I don't want to use up that time tidying up.  It's not like I have a super busy schedule, I just need to get my rear in gear.

And, then there's the bedroom.  Last week, I took all my short-sleeve or sleeveless shirts, "shorty" (capri) pants and anything else that screamed warm weather, and stuffed them all in a laundry basket.  Trouble is, I haven't yet moved said basket to a spare room.  Would it be, or could it be that I'm just lazy?  Hmm, I have to think about that, but I think I already know the answer.  I wouldn't say I'm lazy but more of a procrastinator.  When you have oodles of spare time, you/I tend to waste time.  Rationale is that I could do the "x" chore tomorrow, or perhaps never.  And, frankly nobody cares whether I move the summer clothes or pick up toys.  Those two bedrooms are closed all the time, and you know as well as I do, that when you start filling up a spare room, it doesn't bother me/you as long as the "mess" stays behind a closed door!

Jeff has two days down (counting today) and three more days to go, before he walks out of his current job on Friday.  No more commute and perhaps time during the day for a short power nap.  I tend to take a bit of a snooze in the afternoon and unfortunately I suppose that is why I stay up at night until around midnight.  I have convinced myself that when I do go to bed, that I won't go to sleep.  I do toss around a bit initially, but I actually think that I fall asleep pretty quickly, once I stake my piece of the bed and move the girls around so that I can actually get in the bed!

While I ate my breakfast (bagel and coffee), I watched a children's cooking show, and these young people, some as young as 11, were able to make really good looking and according to the judges, tasty dishes.  I am so impressed.

Okay, thanks for the chat.  Off to be useful.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...