Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The Day After A Tornado (Benjamin)!

1/3/2018

Benjamin went home yesterday afternoon.  While he was here, he played pretty much all over the house.  But, before his mother came, he picked up most of his things.  Before the cleaning lady comes, I'll do a double check.

After Benjamin left, Jeff and I went to WalMart, which because it was a work day, wasn't particularly crowded - a very good thing.  I had made a partial list of things we needed, as well as a partial list of things we absolutely didn't need!  We always go into the store telling ourselves that we don't need very much, and come out with more bags than I imagined.

I've scheduled my pre-op well-baby check ups for later this month and the early part of February.  I'm hoping to get this nasty surgery over before the end of February.  The longer I delay, the colder my feet get.  I know it's the recovery that I'm actually dreading.  Good news is that by then Jeff will be working remotely and will be around to help me out.

Cold today - 16 degrees.  When we went shopping yesterday, the girls had to stay in the basement, and knowing that they were not able to come into the house to get warm, made us hurry to get back to the house.  Luckily, for the girls, I'm going to be home the rest of the week.  I'd love to be able to let them have the run of the house, but I am truly afraid of what damage we'd suffer if we did that.  But, I know that eventually, we'll have to chance on Bella staying in the house.

I think there is some chance of us getting a light dusting of snow later this week.  Jeff always takes my car if winter weather is predicted.  My car is a beast and handles very well in the snow.

I'm keeping this short, because I really do have to get things before Ada shows up.  I know she's here to clean the house, but there's no need for me to make it more difficult for her to do her job.

Happy Wednesday.

P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...