Monday, January 29, 2018

Birthday and Grammies - Oh What A Night!

1/29/2018

Yesterday, under the cover of rain, Jeff and I drove to Andrew's house (and the girls too), to help celebrate his birthday which will be on Wednesday.  Each year, I update the next year's calendar with important events, and birthdays being one.  And, I had written down that Andrew would be 36 this year - ah, minor correction - he's going to be 38.  How is it possible that I, his mother, missed a couple of years!  Maybe, I lost some years, to keep me from getting older!  Good luck with that my friends.  As surely, as the earth revolves, unfortunately so do you, it's just a fact so you have to learn to live with it.

I had written a brief compilation of Andrew's life, up to this point for him.  I read it aloud at dinner, even the "mom" gushes.  I think he liked it, and I did at the end, put in a disclaimer something like this "the old gray mare ain't what she used to be", in case I had forgotten some important milestone or memory along his journey.

Dinner was very nice and low key.  Hamburgers, fries, corn casserole and the pineapple casserole that Jeff made, were all tasty and Stacey had brownies (yummy) and cheesecake for dessert.  Ah, if you know me at all, you know that I wanted a brownie first.  Love, love chocolate!  The cheesecake was good too, and I knew it would be, so I had a "sliver" (okay, maybe just a bit more than a sliver) just to make sure!  I don't know about you, but I never say no to a dessert!

While we were eating and talking about this and that, the "girls" were outside, more or less, playing and running with Andrew's three big dogs.  When you're sitting at the table, his dogs are tall enough to actually put their heads on the table.  Our dogs, not so much.  After the girls had been running around Andrew's enormous yard, it was a very quiet ride home.  They were all tuckered out.

Once at home, I had already scheduled my week's television shows on my Tivo.  The usual Sunday night shows were pre-emptied (is that a word?) by the Grammy's.  Jeff and I gave up listening to what we call new music a long time ago.  As teenagers of the 60's, when lyrics could be understood, find the current music of today, not worth listening to.  Remember: this is just my opinion, so don't send me hate mail.  (smiley face here).  The only name I recognized, and I don't particularly know why was Bruno Mars.  What kind of songs he sings I have no idea.  I've just seen his name pop up as a guest on late night talk shows.

Since Jeff and I wouldn't be watching Madam Secretary, a favorite show of ours, I had to get creative about our Sunday night line-up.  I firmly believe that I'm the Queen of the Tivo, and knew that I would find some show to fill up Sunday night.  And, I, of course did.  Ah, but some of those shows are cooking shows, which makes Jeff crazy!

In an effort to keep my anxiety levels under control, I have Alza (or however you spell it), play sounds of the ocean while I was sitting in my chair.  While listening, I let my mind go black and before you can count 1 to 3, I'm so relaxed that I fall asleep.  I'm embarrassed by the fact that some days I don't actually get dressed until noon.  But, my argument with myself is that I'm not expecting any company, and I'm certainly not going anywhere, so in reality what does it matter?

This week is going to be a quiet week, as far as appointments go.  Starting next week, I have several doctor and dental visits that are going to chew up time on the calendar, before my surgery on the 27th.  You may notice a brief period of time after the 27th, where I might not feel up to blogging.  But, don't worry, if I miss a day or two.  I'll get back in my chair just as soon as I can.

Today is gloomy, so I turned on my SAD light to try and keep me upbeat.  Winter time is not my friend.  I need sunshine all year round.  If I don't have "x" amount of light, either natural or man made, I can get a "wee" (actually more than a wee) bit cranky.  And, nobody wants to see me cranky, not even myself.

Today is fold up laundry day, which I really don't like to do.  But, leaving clothes in the dryer, will solve nothing.  Eventually, the clothes have to come out, or Jeff and I will not have much, or anything, left to put on.  And, that my friends is not a pretty picture, I can assure you.

Checking on the Internet, and find out that today is "National Puzzle" day.  I am not a puzzle putter-together kind of person, unless the clues are really simple, like "The capital of Maryland, for instance is ?)  Kudos to all of you who are successful in putting these kind of puzzles together.

Okay friends, I'm going to have to leave you now.  I hope the sun is shining where you are, and that you are or will have a good day.

P


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...