Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Wednesday Weather and Other Things

1/24/2018

This morning, as I write, outside my window, is gray and gloomy.  Definitely need the "SAD" light today.  It's hard to be upbeat when Mother Nature, and she can be stubborn, gives us a day like this.  But on the upswing for the day, Stacey and Benjamin are coming to visit me this afternoon.  I have something to return at Target, and because Stacey and I like the store so much, we'll probably wander around a bit.  I would also like to go to Barnes and Noble bookstore, just so that I can be in the presence of so many books!
And, of course, Ada comes today, so the house will be all cleaned up.  Happy Wednesday.

Jeff and I watch a reality television show, "The Curse of Oak Island", and the two brothers, Rick and Marty, have spent untold amounts of money trying to find the hidden treasure.  Is there hidden treasure?  Seems doubtful to me, but so far Jeff and I haven't missed an episode.

I decided to poke around today to see how the two brothers earn their money.  Rick, the older brother is a retired postman, and I'm pretty sure, if one exists, that any retirement money can't amount to much - but I could be wrong.  A search for how did Rick come to have a $2 million net worth, proved futile.  Both brothers receive a "salary" of $500,00 for appearing on the show.
 Rick's younger brother, Marty, has a net worth of $40 million and owns a vineyard in Michigan.  Somehow, I can't get my head wrapped around a vineyard in Michigan, but he appears to be successful, so I guess you can.  There was a time when Marty was an engineer, but he gave up his profession, to manage the family vineyard.

I'm pretty sure that the show is wrapping up, but from a personal point of view, I would watch the show pretty much forever.   With every hole they dig, and every tiny piece of evidence that turns up, you are secretly wanting to see "real" treasure.  You know - the gold kind, even if it's a tiny piece of gold!

I've been recording the show "Gun-Smoke", and some of you may remember the show, and younger readers might not even know what I'm talking about.  The show is in black and white, which takes a few minutes to get used to.  But, what I really like is the tamed down action.  This show, by comparison of an equal modern show, about bad and good guys, is absolutely G-rated.  To be sure, bad guys are killed, but how do I say this, it's a "gentle" kill.  That might not make much sense, but there is very little, spilled blood.  A kinder show about cowboys and the law.

This is the last week free of doctor's appointments.  As I move into February, my "dance card" if you will, is filling up fast.  Pre-op this and pre-op that.  The surgeon wants to know if my ticker is healthy, and that makes good sense.

I hope the sun is shining where you are.

P



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...