Sunday, January 28, 2018

Getting Hip?

1/28/2018

My "fashion plate" days have been over for a very, very long time.  Kudos to the person who invented elastic, and a further thank you to the companies who started making clothes with elastic waists.  Yipee.

I know that the new fashion trend, and perhaps it's more than a trend, is for tunic tops over leggings.  I have been against tunic tops, because they encase, if you will, a major flaw, which is to say my bottom.  

And, although everybody wears leggings, and perhaps some people shouldn't, I decided to buy a pair.  I opted for plain black leggings in a size larger than I wear.  I didn't want my leggings, when I wore them outside of the house, to show off my "dimples" or any other unattractive adjectives used to describe my body!  Okay, the leggings arrived yesterday, and I put them on - not too bad.  They are not skin tight, which is a good thing, but their not saggy/baggy either.  And, yes I broke down and bought some tunic tops.  I believe that you should accent the positive, and particularly the bottom half of me, isn't really a positive!  Just saying.  You can always rely on me to write the truth, or the truth as I remember (sketchy memory getting involved in remembering).

Jeff and I, along with the girls, are going to Andrew's house today for a birthday party for him.  His birthday is actually on the 31st, which is in the middle of the week.  So, we could party before or after his birthday. For Andrew's birthday, I have written a compilation of some of the events of his life. I am fairly certain that I have forgotten some events, but I did my best.

We're bringing a pineapple casserole.  Jeff is making the dish, because I tend to not always get the recipe right.  He measures correctly, and I don't always. So, at the moment, Jeff cooks and I clean up.  I am eternally grateful for the care Jeff gives me.  Prior to surgery, he'll make sure that we are stocked up on pre-made meals. 

It's raining outside, but not cold.  When it's raining, I can tell if the girls actually went outside - wet paws!

Time to put myself together.  Happy Sunday everyone.

P




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind comments. I don't get a lot of comments, but appreciate the ones I get. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...