Saturday, January 20, 2018

Getting Things Done

1/20/2018

It's Saturday, and Jeff and I are feeling a bit smug, since we did our weekly shopping yesterday afternoon.  Prior to going to the store, I took inventory of what was in the pantry.  It seems as if when we go to get groceries, we are buying the same foods over and over again.  But not anymore. 

Yesterday afternoon, I dragged a chair over close to the pantry.  Now, our family would tell you that if food was ever rationed, then our house is the place to be.  I counted the number of pasta and rice "meals" we had.  Turns out we had more than a few of these - shocker!

I also took out all the crackers, and decided that we didn't need crackers this week or probably next.  Soups - got 'em.  Rotels (tomatoes and chilies) for including in dishes - got 'em.  In one particular dish I make, I put crushed corn flakes on top.  The trouble is, every time I make said dish, I buy another box of corn flakes.  In the pantry, I have three boxes of corn flakes!  Insanity.  And, I can never find a small box of corn flakes, nope the boxes are big.  

When I took inventory of the pantry - no easy task - I wrote down how many of "x" items I had.  This list was very helpful last night.  I said no to crackers, no to soups, and no to most frozen food items.  Jeff and I are going to try and live out of our pantry and freezer, whether we like the food we're eating or not.  If, you keep adding new food in the freezer, then the food way on the bottom, never stands a chance of being eaten.

We did buy a Cosco chicken, which will be a dinner and then made into soup.  We also bought stew meat, so that Jeff can turn that meat into a yummy dinner too.  I'm not doing very much cooking these days, mostly because I have to keep stopping every few minutes to rest, because my back pain kicks in really quick.

Once we got home last night, Jeff took the few freezer items we had bought and if the food remaining didn't need to be put in the fridge, they are sitting on the kitchen table, to be dealt with today.

I am continuing my quest to keep the basement floor clean, even if it kills me.  I'm pretty sure that the culprit that makes the messes in the basement, is Daisy.  Our last terrier, like Daisy, found it too much trouble to go outside and potty, even though the doggy door is in sight!  Terriers are stubborn dogs.

It's time for me to get moving.  I think we're going to try and give Daisy a bath today, and that should be interesting.  I will say that Sam loved the bathtub and was always very happy to jump in.  One time, when I was in the bathtub, he jumped in!

Have a great Saturday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...