Thursday, January 25, 2018

Stuff and Nonsense

1/25/2008

Boy, the 'ol calendar "clock" is ticking away toward the end of January.  And, we had so much fun this month (kidding).

Yesterday, Stacey and Benjamin came over in the afternoon.  The last time Benjamin was here, he dumped out all the toys in a spare room.  Yesterday, I asked him to pick up the toys, and he did a wonderful job of getting his things put away.   

Benjamin was cleaning, Stacey and I went to Target, a favorite store of mine.  I returned a Christmas gift and it's a good thing I did it yesterday, because the return was only good up to January 24.  I initially didn't notice that, but I'm glad that I did.  I don't know about you, but I can't get out of Target without buying something(s)!!  For me, Target is like Walmart on drugs.  The store is clean, well stocked and enough people around on the floor, to help you if you need assistance.  And, believe me I don't need any assistance in picking up and buying stuff.  Maybe (ya think) too much stuff?  Nah, show me a woman in a store that has no early idea what to buy - probably not going to happen.

I bought two tunics, which I have never worn before, for me to wear after surgery.  I tried them on when I got home, they were both home runs - and that's good news.  Now, all I have to do is buy some leggings, and I'm not sure that the world is ready for that, to wear with these tunics.  One of them is bordered on the hem with a lacy pattern, it's very pretty.

The paper today was filled with so many stories, it was hard to know where to begin.  Just kidding,  I always know where to begin - anything having to do with the White House and the folks inside.  There is so much going on, it's hard to keep up!

Starting today, I have to swish and rinse some kind of liquid oral mouth wash, which Stacey has had to use in the past, and she confirmed that the taste wasn't all that good.  I was already suspecting that would be the case, so I can hardly wait for my first swig.

Last night, getting up to use my porta-potty (I know that's not a word, but it makes sense), that is close to the bed, but I lost my footing somehow, and ended up hitting the carpet with my knees and hitting my head on the nightstand.  It's interesting for me to note, that whenever I'm in trouble, I immediately call out to Jeff using his name.  Other folks, I suppose, might holler shit or something, but for me, I call out for my best friend.

Today, I gave the girls each one of those really hard bones that is filled with peanut butter.  Bella immediately jumps on her bone, but Daisy on the other hand, lays down on hers.  Bella knows there is another bone on the floor, and she wants it.  Not because she needs it, but she doesn't want Daisy to have a bone.  

By the way, while in Target, I bought a small loaf of french toast bread, from the same company that makes raisin bread.  Stacey had toast when we got home, and while the bread is in the toaster, I could swear that somebody was cooking french toast!  You need to try it, you'll love it.

Time for me to go.  I try to be dressed by noon, and I have mere minutes to accomplish that.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...