Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Reality Check

1/2/2018

Ah, it's back to reality for most people today.  Jeff took today off, so he has another day for R&R.  Benjamin is going home this afternoon, but in the meantime, he is logging in to Netflex looking for children's movies.  The trouble is, what Jeff wants to watch, isn't always age appropriate for Benjamin.

The fireplace man is coming today.  When he was last here, maybe in October(?) he promised that he would expedite the ordering of a replacement part needed for said fireplace.  He told me at the time, that our chances of the fireplace working with this faulty valve was 50/50.  So far, the fireplace has turned on every time we wanted to use it. The service charge for coming out and cleaning the fireplace, was I think, $300.00.  I didn't think gas fireplaces needed cleaning, but apparently they do.  He cleaned the glass doors, vacuumed inside the fireplace, and stuff like that.  I always thought that once you had a gas fireplace, you wouldn't need servicing, until the fireplace no longer worked.  Also, apparently the service call for cleaning is cheaper in the summer.  Duh, I didn't know that.  But I'll remember it in the future.

When the fireplace man was here and took out the blower that projects a large amount of heat into the room, he told me that our fireplace was a "beast", and that he would bring someone else with him when he returned.  I asked him about the "beast", and seems to have something to do with the blower.  Most customers, he told me, just want the gas logs for beauty, and nothing else.  Actually, I don't see the point of having a gas fireplace that just looks pretty.  Jeff and I are, among other things, want and have surrounded ourselves with products that are useful.  

In the last two days that Benjamin has been here, he has literally played all over the house.  I will need him to start cleaning up some of the things he's dragged out for play.  We have plastic bowling pins, and Benjamin loves setting up the pins in the hallway and rolling a ball down to knock the pins over.

After the fireplace has left, we will take Benjamin probably to Frederick, where Jeff does his weekly shopping, and drop him off. One of the things on our list is a new dog bed.  The one that the girls use now, has some "issues" (i.e., a hole in the bottom of the bed which gets turned upside down, there is some brown fuzz on the floor.  I'm not a huge fan of the girls doing this. It just requires more work for me and/or my cleaning lady who comes tomorrow.

 Logging off, I've got a kitchen to clean and laundry to do (double blah).

Happy Tuesday

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...