Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Technical - I'm Not!

1/16/2018

Apologies my friends for the lack of a blog.  Your truly, through some upgrades to my computer, found I couldn't open up my blog in my usual way.  Now those is the know, would say my problems were due by user error, and likely they wouldn't be wrong.

So many things these days confound me.  Putting in batteries on devices. Oh, I can put batteries in, it's just that I can't figure out how to open up some device.  It's not just the little things that trip me up, but sometimes larger things as well.  I can always ask for help, but would like to be able, at least occasionally, figure out things on my own.  And, my past history has shown that it's safer and less time consuming to call in the cavalry (i.e., Jeff)!

Today, is day two of shredding.  Ada comes tomorrow and the business of dumping the shred bin into large plastic bags can get quite messy.  I, will of course, get my vacuum out and pick up some of the loose shredding pieces, but I'm sure there will be more bits and pieces to vacuum up tomorrow.  

Went and had my head "shrunk" yesterday.  Jeff was able to take the time out of his workday to drive me to my appointment.  No waiting around for Metro Access was wonderful, because their pick-up windows for an appointment can be quite large. For instance, yesterday had I used Metro Access, my appointment to get me to a 1:00 doctor visit, was 11:02 to 11:30.  If, that's the only way I can get around, then I just have to pull up my big girls' panties and prepare to wait in the doctor's waiting room.

I'm seeing an oral surgeon on Thursday, so that I can begin the process of getting an implant put in.  I am super uncomfortable having a tooth missing.  And, at my age, the tooth fairy doesn't even visit me!  An implant is expensive, but you do what you have to do.  Most dental plans make you wait a year after enrolling, before they will pay for an implant.  Well, guess who's not waiting a year.  Yep, you guessed it - me.

Stacey and Benjamin are coming to the house tomorrow for a visit.  I always enjoy spending time with both of them.  We're going to go to Target to return something that was bought for Jeff, but I know he'll never use.  Who knows what else we'll get up to.  One thing for sure needs to be done - toys in the spare room, need to be picked up - by someone other than myself.

After this week, I am doctor free until I get to February.  I have two pre-op  appointments and lab work that needs to be done before the 27th, which is my surgery date.  I can't tell you how much I'm dreading the surgery.  I've already had back surgery 20 years ago, and I don't have any fond memories!  At least, Jeff is working from home now, so I can call on him within reason.  By the way, he's loving his new commute - up and down the stairs!  I'm loving that since he's staying home, finding food for his lunch, is no longer a big deal.   Since, I know he's working, I am making an effort not to bother him.  I pretend that he's not actually upstairs working, and that helps.

Have a great day.

P


Image result for picture of shredding mess


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...