Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Getting Organized - Part Two!

1/10/2018

I wrote yesterday about my lofty intentions of doing some organizing around the house.  Well, those intentions were merely that, and no actual organizing was done - sad to say.  It's a new day that's filled with "good" intentions.  Today, I'm going into the spare room where I keep Benjamin's toys, and do pick-up.  I have file folders that need a home, books to put back on the shelf, and toys to be taken from the floor into the toy containers.  Not a difficult task by any means, just something that needs to be done.

When you have spare rooms, and for the most part, you keep the doors closed, it's easy to "forget" what booby traps lurk behind them.  It's far too easy to take out of season clothes, or more likely, clothes that are too small, and toss them into a bedroom.  In your head, your mantra says that you'll organize and put away these clothes someday.  Well, the someday never seems to happen. I get busy doing other stuff, and since nobody goes into these rooms, they are a low priority to me.  However, seeing the messy room last night, makes me see that I can no longer put the cleaning task off.  Just like when I was working, there were parts of my job that I didn't want to do, but because I had to answer to a boss, those jobs were done, whether I liked it or not.

I started watching "Price is Right" and I'm amazed at how well I do when it comes to pricing items!  However, there is something that I've noticed on this show as well as in stores and out on the street.  Men who wear their pants past their waist line, which shows their underwear.  I guess I should be thankful that they have on underwear.  Yesterday, one fellow was on the stage with Drew, and for the entire time, he kept having to pull his pants up.  A belt perhaps?  I'm probably being a bit fuddy duddy(new words), but I grew up in a generation where underwear was just that - under some piece of clothing.  And, as long as I'm talking about clothing, I was also brought up to believe that a woman's bra shouldn't be overly obvious under a blouse.  So, I would never wear a black bra, which I don't own, under let's say a white blouse.  But, on television I see this all the time.  As I get older, it's obvious to me, that what was drilled into me growing up, is no longer relevant.  You never wore white shoes after Labor Day for instance.  Things like that.

Boy, did I get off track!  I was "organizing" and then suddenly I switched tracks and started writing about clothing.  Just the way my mind thinks these day.

We're half-way through the week, and not counting today, Jeff has two more days at his current job, which also means he has two more days of commuting.  I'm sure he's looking forward to having his commute time, which occasionally is 2 hours long, a thing of the past.  I know that he'll be more rested come Monday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...