Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Let It Snow!

1/17/2018

Well, the weatherman got the forecast right for today.  It did snow last night, but the snow is only sticking to the grass.  The road in front of the house is clear, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not slippery.

I think Jeff is liking his new job.  I know that he's loving his commute - 12 stairs up and 12 stairs down.  Since I know he's at work, I tend to my chores and am trying, rather successfully I might add, to leave him alone.  The girls enjoy having him here, because they can go into his office and sleep.  The girls are still not allowed in our bedroom during the day - I just can't trust Bella.  She will take something very random, run it outside, and then Jeff and I come behind her, and pick up the pieces of the now unidentifiable object.

I made zucchini bread yesterday.  You should try and make it.  The bread comes out super moist, thanks to the pineapple.  Half a dozen ingredients, stir and put in a loaf pan.  Later, for a snack, you heat it up and put butter on top.  

Yesterday, I did the purge, merge and shredding of old bills, receipts, and stuff like that.  I filled up two large plastic bags with the shredding.  I wanted to shred yesterday, so that Ada can vacuum up the bits and pieces of shredded paper, that tends to drift (how is that even possible ?) throughout the house.

Today, I have another large folder that I'm going to go through.  I'm pretty sure that the documents in this folder, are very old and no longer relevant.  I get such a good feeling, when I've gotten rid of old paper.  And, who doesn't love shoving paper into a shredder?  It's almost as cathartic as when I unintentionally dropped a bowl on the ground.

Stay warm today.  See you tomorrow.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...