Thursday, January 4, 2018

Snow

1/4/2018

Yeppers, there is snow on the ground this morning.  Mind you, it's not a lot of snow and there's no need to shovel, but it's snow just the same.  Jeff took my car to work today and said that his commute was slow and that there were many crazy drivers on the road.  Shocker!  Snow or ice brings out the worst of people back here, but I don't know why.

I was supposed to go to the dentist today, but because of the threat of snow, Jeff asked me to cancel, which I did.  It was a good decision.  I'm not always steady on my feet and if I was out using my walker, my fear and his, is that I might slip and fall down.  I don't know how many falls I have in me, before I break something.  (smiley face here)

Jeff made a most excellent beef stew last night.  It's going to make a very good lunch today.  When it's cold outside, there's nothing better than stew or homemade soup.  Jeff does both of these dishes very well.  For the most part, I don't do much cooking anymore.  The major reason is my inability to stand or walk for more than a few minutes.  Having to sit down every 5 minutes, makes dish preparation last longer than it should.

I don't think I mentioned that the fireplace man was out this week and he brought 2 helpers so that the three of them could more easily take our gas log and blower out. The initial visit a few months cost $300, and yesterday, obviously, cost us more money.  Whatever.  The fireplace was working just fine before a new gas valve was put in, but now we know it will continue to work.  

I put the new mini lights on my little tree yesterday, but I need a second string, because I have too much tree and not enough lights.  Since I like Christmas lights all the time, this year will probably just stay up forever.  At night, while watching television, the little Christmas tree is simply, pretty to look at.

I have a few pieces of clothing that I bought for the family as Christmas presents, that did not fit, and I have to return them to Amazon.  This is not a particularly hard thing to do - after you find the right size box/envelope for shipping.

Have to run - need to get some things done.  Like folding and putting away laundry (ugh).

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...