Saturday, January 27, 2018

A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood!

1/27/2018

It's Saturday, which is always welcome, but today the sky is super blue.  A good day for a top down ride.  Jeff is going to the airport to do something with the plane.  Afterwards, he'll do some grocery shopping.  We are really trying not to keep buying stuff that we already have.

For instance, one of my casserole dishes calls for corn flakes on top.  Okay, when you go to the store, there are no small boxes of corn flakes, so you have to buy a big box.  While trying to organize the pantry, which is a huge feat, I found three boxes of flakes!  Argh.  When I went with Stacey to Target, I bought a huge glass jar, that is super heavy.  I was able to get two full boxes in the jar and most of the third box.  Now, I am happy knowing that I do have corn flakes, and that they are in a glass jar.  I don't know about you, but sometimes when I store something in a plastic container, after awhile, the food begins to taste/smell like plastic.  Jeff tells I'm nuts, and of course, everybody knows that, but I swear I can tell.

A slow day here at the hacienda.  The girls and I just had a short snooze, so now I'm refreshed (not really) and raring to go!  Laundry and a bit messy kitchen are calling.

Tomorrow, we're going out to Andrew's house to celebrate his birthday.  Stacey had to remind me (and I know that's sad), how old he is going to be on the 31st.  Both Scott Andrew and Benjamin are growing up faster than I want them to.  Cuz you know the older they get, well let's just say I'm not getting any younger!

My friend told me that there is another book about Trump coming out on Monday.  I have pre-ordered it for my Kindle. I would like to have been able to buy the book, an actual hold-in-your hand book, but these days my ability to see written things, is getting to be a problem.  I know this loss of vision has something, or maybe everything, to do with my cataract.  But, there's only just so much I feel I can do in one year.  I'll probably have my vision checked next year.  I have bought enough magnifying glasses, to have at the ready, whenever I need to read something smaller than I can readily see.  God, I hate growing old.  It's not so much the calendar flipping over each year, as much as it is, the "stuff" that's breaking down.  Joints start popping, random spots start appearing, and you wonder where have the spots been, before showing up on your skin! Gray hair that refuses to cooperate, and scraggly hair that grows on your face.  Yuck.

I've been buying some loose-fitting tunic tops to wear after surgery.  I also have bought myself a pair of leggings.  There is a lot wrong with my bottom half, but I see big women in the store wearing them.  I've ordered a bigger size than I think I need, so we'll see what happens when they arrive.  If nothing else, I might get a good laugh, when I look at myself!  And, if you can't laugh at yourself, then there's a problem.

I am scheduling appointments for the early part of February, so that I feel "pretty".  I'm going to have my hair cut short and get a pedicure and some waxing.  The last thing I want is after I go to sleep, that somebody should say (and I know they won't), good grief look at her chin hairs!  Horrors.  And, for all you guys out there, including you Jeff, women really do fret about such minor details.

Here's what I do know for sure: I will be sore (ya think?) after surgery and will most likely have to wear a back brace for some period of time, so I want some soft and rather flowy (and yes I know that's not an actual word, but it should be) tops.  Said tops are not going to be particularly figure flattering, but I've reached the "what do I care" attitude when it comes to clothes.

Okay, "ancient and old") woman signing off.  Dirty clothes and dishes beware, because I'm coming for you!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...