Friday, January 12, 2018

Wet Friday

1/12/2018

It's Friday - yeah!  It's raining - ugh.  Rain is good for the ground, but the mud that is tracked in by the girls, is messy, although on the plus side, I know if they've been outside!  Snow would be much cleaner.  

Today, is Jeff's last day of working as a contractor for a county government in Maryland.  His new job starts on Monday.  He will be a contractor to a contractor, and ultimately be back working for IBM, as a contractor - hope that all made sense.

For the past three years, he has gotten up with the chickens, packed up his lunch, fed the dogs and flew out the backdoor.  The work wasn't difficult for him, and at times I think he was bored.  What he didn't like was the commute.  The early morning commute was tolerable, but coming home in the afternoon, was a nightmare.  Starting on Monday, Jeff will get at least 2 extra hours back in his day, because he won't be commuting. Okay, technically he'll be commuting from upstairs to downstairs and then back upstairs.  

What's in it for me? A happier man, and that's huge.  No more work shirts to wash, although that wasn't much of a chore, but my focus is on what's going to change come next week. No more plastic lunch containers to wash, and time permitting, Jeff will be able to take me to my doctor's appointments.

We probably won't kill each other during the day, because he'll spend I think most of his time at his desk.  I will continue to do my "thing" - dishes, laundry and guessing prices of items on the Price Is Right!

Plus, after I have surgery, Jeff will be home and again, work permitting, be able to take care of me.  I dread the surgery, but know that I cannot continue to live with my back pain any longer.  I tried wishing the pain away, and that didn't work, so next up is some kind of repair, probably fusion to two discs in my back.  Yippee.  

I hope all is well in your world and that the sun is shining.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...