Thursday, January 11, 2018

I Rule The Roost!

1/11/2018

It's true that I do rule the roost, and the roost consists of two key rooms: kitchen and laundry room.  Very exciting I can assure you.  Having the final say in those two rooms is every woman's dream! (Actually, not so much).

But, there is one room where my best efforts to gain control requires much pushing, and pleading.  What room you ask?  The bedroom.  Oh, don't roll your eyes.  I'm just talking about being able to get into bed, moving one or both of the girls over and staking my claim in bed.  Jeff goes to bed much earlier than I do, because he has to get up really early, while I sleep in until the girls "insist" that I get up.  Jeff starts his new job on Monday, no commute, no getting up at the crack of dawn, and definitely more rest for him.

Last night, I went up to bed around midnight, and one of the dogs was definitely in my spot.  I rolled the dog over to one side and then quickly got into bed, before the rolled up dog could figure out that the "pack leader" was calling the shots.  Once in bed, however, said dog rolled back over and settled in next to me.  We've discovered that once Bella goes to sleep, you might as well be talking in a foreign language, because she is really, really asleep.  And, moving her is like pushing concrete around.

I got distracted in my organization task yesterday - and who would have thought that was going to happen?  But, I'm armed with a new resolve today.  Going into one of the spare rooms, pick up toys as well as the slides that are lying (laying?) on the floor.  And, there is the matter of shredding.  Jeff keeps a trash can in his office where he dumps everything he deems as needing to be shredded.  When I begin the chore of shredding, there are often times plain envelopes, with no name and/or address (which would explain why they are called plan) and I don't shred those.  Some would ask why I let the shredding pile get so big.  Simple - it's boring, requires multiple dumping into large trash bags, and the amount of shredding that gets on the floor, because I "may"occasionally miss the bag!

Since I received new potholders at Christmas, I did go through my drawer where I keep potholders, and found several potholders, that just couldn't be saved.  Out with the garbage they went.  See - that was organizing - just on a really small scale! It's probably best to start small, because you will see instant results.  The big jobs take longer for you to reap an award - as in feeling really good about yourself and what you've accomplished.

I'd love to stay and chat, but a spare bedroom calls me.

P
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...