Saturday, January 6, 2018

Saturday

12/6/2018

Weather update, as if you needed one: COLD but thankfully not windy.  The fireplace is on and will probably stay on, all day.  Both of the dogs are curled up as close to the fireplace as possible.  For me, after I've sat in the room for awhile, I think it's just too hot, and I need to step outside for a bit.

Sitting near my desk, are four packages that are being returned to Amazon.  It's tricky getting the right size, color or something when you buy clothes as presents.  I, have however, become a master at returning stuff.  After Christmas, I kept all the boxes and padded envelopes just in case I had to return something.  And, it's a good thing that I did. I abhor the thought of giving gift cards or cash to the family, but may in the future, have to resort to that.  I've always thought that gift cards represented a "I can't find anything for you, so here's this".  Mind you, when I receive a gift card to say Amazon or Ebay, I'm really quite happy.  At this point in my life, I don't need a lot of stuff.  Wendy bought me the self-threading needle, or something like that, which should make mending, which I probably should leave to the pros, easier!

Tomorrow, Stacey is having some kind of facial/pedicure party.  Jeff and I will go out and take the girls.  They can play in the backyard, but can come in when they become cold and/or tired.  I like pedicures, but because of my particular ills and aches, cannot easily reach my toes, (sigh), so maybe I'll just watch the other women.

Jeff is doing the countdown to next Friday, which will be his last day working for the county.  On Monday, the 15th he will become a contractor working for a contractor to IBM.  Maybe that made sense, or not.  Anyway, we'll be hanging up the lunch box, at least for now.  Jeff will no longer have to commute and will get 2 hours a day that he now spends commuting back.  He'll be less tired I'm sure, and the girls will enjoy his company and the extra attention - not that they need any!

A bit of laundry today.  I keep a towel on the bedroom floor, in the same spot every night.  I don't know which one of the dogs, maybe they both do, pee on the towel (doubled up). Each day, I simply pick up the used towel and put down another one.  While that may sound silly, it is saving the carpet!

Jeff made a good dinner last night.  We had bought a bag of roast beef, rice and some kind of veggie.  He added more roast beef, chilies and sour cream.  Yummy.  You have to love those one pot "wonders".  

I hope it's warm where you are.  Our temperatures are supposed to rise later in the week.  

P


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...