Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve

12/24/2015

It's Christmas Eve and I don't have anything to do.  That's partially true.  I have already made my pretzel salad and pound cake to take to Andy's house this afternoon.  The kitchen yesterday after baking two pound cakes looked like a bomb went off - a flour bomb to be exact.  I like to think that I make good food, but I'm a messy, messy cook.  By the time I was finished yesterday afternoon, there wasn't a free space on any of the counters or any clean bowls.  I basically had used pretty much everything during my cooking preparations!

I did make two pound cakes, one for Scott and one for Andy as part of their Christmas presents.  The first pound cake came out of the pan beautifully.  All in one piece - just perfect.  I already knew it tasted good because the remanent of batter that I ate was yummy.

The second pound cake unfortunately came out of the pan looking like s... (or to say it nicely, it came out of the pan in pieces.  The cake cake out in two chunks and lots of little pieces.  Let's just say that the cake looks like a jigsaw puzzle gone wrong.  The broken down nature of this cake won't affect it's taste, but there is a lot wrong with the looks of it!  Perhaps I was tired after making the first cake and didn't bake it quite long enough or something.  Anyway, what's done is done.  I'm pretty sure that the boys won't have any trouble eating either or both of the pound cakes!  They are quite simply delicious.

Since I'm not having Christmas here at the house, I will have free time this afternoon.  Okay, I know I should really think about dusting - and I might - or not.  I bought some new books for my Kindle, and I will use just about any excuse to read a book and ignore doing housework.  When you don't work, there is always a tomorrow and another tomorrow when you could, if you wished, to dust and vacuum.

Benjamin will be super excited tonight about opening up his presents.  I believe that Christmas is best spent through the eyes of a child.  They are breathless with excitement and every gift gets an "oh" followed by squeals of delight.  

I am giving some thought to going to the movies tomorrow.  The theaters won't be overly crowded and it's a perfect way to spend a few hours.  And the popcorn isn't too bad either!

Enjoy your day, no matter what you're doing.  And Merry Christmas.

P







No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...