Monday, December 7, 2015

New Television Equals New Learning!

12/7/2015

Just when I think that I've got the workings of electronics and/or gadgets in the house down pat, something changes.  My mind is no longer fast on it's feet and it takes me longer to get the hang of things.

As a combined birthday and Christmas present, Jeff bought us a huge television - 60".  I know small by some people's televisions, but coming from a 40" screen, it looks huge to me.  Of course, because of its size, Jeff wasn't going to be able to hang the television by himself.

Scott was nice enough to come over yesterday afternoon and helped measure, measure again, hang, and adjust the television on the wall.  The picture is amazing, but now we have to "adjust" change where the recliners go.  

First, I was given the always record in HD if possible lecture.  I've never paid much attention, but went through all my shows that I record and changed them to HD.  Scott explained to me that when I watch a show not in HD, there is a black border around the picture.  I had noticed that, but never gave it much thought.

The picture on the new television is wonderful.  Very clear and looks like you could just reach out and touch whatever is on the screen.   I look forward to watching my shows (all in HD of course) with this much clarity.

I now obviously have a new remote and it took me a few minutes to get the hang of it.  Jeff watches or listens to certain shows that he likes.  Since he gets up very early in the morning, he's tired and occasionally dozes in the recliner before calling it a night.  

The television was a great gift.  Jeff knows, as do most of my friends, that I love watching television and a new bigger, brighter one is a perfect gift for me.

Today is national letter writing day, and I don't know many, or perhaps I should say any, people who actually write letters anymore.  Email is faster but not as personal as a letter.

 P

Image result for picture of large television



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...