Sunday, December 27, 2015

It's Sunday

12/27/2015

The subject tells it all.  It's Sunday, it's gloomy outside and going to rain.  A three pronged attack on a person's mood.  Some people can handle the gloom, but this gal can't.  

I need to get out of the house today.  I don't actually need anything, but being holed up in the house for days isn't very healthy.  It's supposed to rain most of the week, so Jeff will need to take my car.  The "zippy z's" top leaks, so she has become a sunshine only kind of car.

I checked out this week's tv guide, and if I don't find some kind of television for Jeff and I to watch, we may be forced to talk to each other.  Horrors!

Yesterday, I watched several movies on Netflix.  All of them were comedies, so I had a perfectly great, non-productive day.  The world won't start "humming" again until tomorrow, but because of New Year's Day, it will be another short week.  I'm betting that anybody and everybody who had vacation time will be taken this week off - I know I would.

Last night's dinner, which I ate late was buttered popcorn.  Yum.  Since Jeff goes back to work tomorrow, I'll have to cook tonight so that he has something to take for his lunch.  Working remotely isn't in the cards for him with the job he currently has.  And not working, doesn't get the bills paid, so the least I can do is have something prepared for his lunch.

I will admit though that the older I get, the less I want to cook.  I heard the same message from my mother, Jeff's mother and Jeff's grandmother.  Once they were widows, they cooked rarely, and when they did cook, it was something simple.  My mother and Jeff's mother were both good cooks.  Grandma Gibbs, on the other hand, not so much, but she tried.

If we do go to a store, I assume (and hope I'm correct) that the after Christmas rush is now over.  People who were looking for bargains, shopped yesterday.  I'm not really wanting to buy anything, just want to get out for a bit.

Have a great day.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...