Wednesday, December 23, 2015

It's Baking Day

12/23/2015

We are celebrating Christmas with Andy and Stacey on Christmas Eve.  Like tomorrow.  I have no need to panic as everything has been bought (and I think I did good) and wrapped (more or less).

I have offered to bring Pretzel Salad which everybody likes.  It's like having a crunchy toffee bar filled with cream cheese (who doesn't like that?) and crushed pineapple.  Anyway, it's good people, trust me.  Leftovers are seldom because my boys can eat and when I make a family favorite, it's devoured, which is fine with me.

After I have baked the pretzel and sugar layer this morning, I will then start on one of two pound cakes I am going to make.  Jeff got down the big mixer last night.  If I'm using the big mixer, then you know I mean business.  Normally, I just use a hand mixer and I'm not doing much baking these days.  Sugar is my downfall, so it's better to have less of it in the house.

The key to the pound cake is in the amount of time you spend beating it and the water you put in the oven underneath the cake pan.  What you end up with is just short of heaven. 

Sorry for the shortness of this morning's blog, but I'd better get my rear in gear so that I can get my goodies made.  I'll devote tomorrow before going out to Andy's house, to reading or watching a Hallmark movie!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...