Monday, December 21, 2015

The Monday Before Christmas

12/21/2015

I bet none of you will ever guess what I'm doing today.  When I tell you, you'll all be disappointed that you hadn't thought of doing the same thing.  Wait for it - I'm going to spend some time in the dentist chair having two cavities filled!  I know you're all jealous and wish you had thought it would be a good idea to see the dentist just days before Christmas!

I suppose I could have put off the appointment, but my dread/fear of dentists is very strong, so I might as well get this over with.  I think that some people of my age who suffered through dentistry in the 50's and 60's might not exactly embrace going to the dentist.  My sons, however, had a different dentist upbringing by starting them with a children's dentist.  As adults they don't dread appointments quite the way I do.

After I receive the Novocain shot, my face (only in my mind) will resemble Betty Davis in "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane".  A twisted sort of smile - if you could call it that.  Also, I've learned that putting lipstick on numb lips is a waste of time.  If you try it, you'll end up liking a lot like a clown.  Believe me I know.

Purple Heart is coming today to pick up bags of clothes (did I really own that much that I can't or won't wear anymore)?  Yes I did have a lot of clothes, but like any woman's lament, never had anything to wear.  You notice that men never say that and most men don't even want to buy new clothes - what a drag that must be.

Jeff and I are spending Christmas Eve at Andrew's house.  I'm making pretzel salad and Aunt Ruby's Pound Cake. 

Pretzel Salad:



Grease pan or dish and preheat oven to 350.
1 c broken pretzels
1 stick butter
½ c sugar
Cool whip
1 (8 oz) cream cheese
½ c sugar

Put broken pretzels in greased dish.  Melt butter and sugar and pour over the pretzels. Put in oven and cook for 10 minutes.  Let cool.

Mix cream cheese with sugar and cool whip. Spread over pretzel layer.

1 can crushed pineapple
1 T cornstarch

Drain liquid from pineapple and mix with the 2 T cornstarch. Cook until thick. Mix pineapple into mixture and cool.  Spread the pineapple over the cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate about 2 hours before serving.  You will swear you are eating toffee crunch candy.


Since I'll not be celebrating Christmas Day with the boys, I think I may just take myself off to the movies.  Not exactly the way most people celebrate Christmas, but I've noticed that holidays are ever evolving.  What you do this year, may not be what you'll do next year.

P

 
Image result for picture of the monday before christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...