Saturday, December 12, 2015

Weekend Doings

12/12/2015

This weekend Jeff and I have a few events on our dance cards.  This morning, Jeff left for the airport to meet with a friend of ours who is going to help him put new and brighter strobe lights on the plane.  The strobe lights are really important when flying in the dark.  It's always good for planes to see each other.

This evening, we are supposed to attend the holiday party hosted by Jeff's new contracting firm.  I don't believe Jeff wants to go, it sort of feels like a "should" participate activity.  Even if the evening turns out to be not quite our cup of tea, it's only an evening event, not a lifetime commitment. 

Tomorrow morning, Jeff is getting up early to go out and pick up Benjamin for the day.  Andy and Stacey are attending a wood working class of some kind, and they need somebody to watch Benjamin.  We could, of course, watch him at their house, but we're going to bring him back to our house so that he can "force" me to watch another Shrek movie!  Horrors.  I think I know the dialogue of most of the Shrek movies by now, since we watch them so often.

Sunday evening is Tuba Christmas and we're going to go to that with Andy et al.  Years ago, Jeff and Scott participated in Tuba Christmas at the Kennedy Center and had lots of fun.  Sadly, the tubas, which in case you don't know, take up a lot of room, haven't been played in several years.  

I'm probably going to take Benjamin to see the Good Dinosaur movie in the afternoon.  Of course, it's not just going to the movies, popcorn and soda are also involved, which makes movie going pretty darn expensive.  

Today, I may wrap some of Benjamin's Christmas presents, so that he won't be inclined to peak at the treasures covered up on my dining room table.  I can also continue the purging of my clothes and filling trash bags.  With the amount of clothing I have set aside to donate, I can probably now look Jeff in the eye and tell him I've nothing to wear!  Or almost nothing!

Today is national ding-a-ling day, gingerbread house day and also the day of the horse.

Happy Saturday.

P
Image result for picture of tuba christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...