Saturday, December 19, 2015

It's Saturday and It's Cold

12/19/2015

It's a beautiful morning.  The sky is bright blue and the sun is shining.  But with temperatures in the 30's, it's definitely a heavy sweater or a coat day.  I've decided to stay inside so I won't have to bother with either.

This morning I am supposed to have two people come to look at two items I have for sale on Craigslist.  Keeping my fingers crossed that (a) they show up; and more importantly (b) that they buy said items.  In the past I haven't had the best luck selling on Craigslist.  It seems the sellers can be elusive and don't reply to emails.

I am still getting clothes (and yes I had a lot of them) into bags for pick-up on Monday.  I think I held onto these clothes because I owned them.  Stupid answer, but it's the right one.  Seeing my closets with lots of empty space is somehow very refreshing.  And no, I don't have a strong urge to run out and fill that space up.  Truthfully, I don't need very many clothes.  I don't work and am at home most of the time.  Pants and a top is my daily wardrobe.  Oh and slippers too - I like to be comfy and toasty!

I have no need to go to the store, except to buy a few groceries.  And, that's a good thing because this weekend the stores will be packed and long lines at check-out.  I hope to avoid all of that.  I can go to a store(s) on Monday when everybody else is at work.  A definite perk of being retired and heaven knows we could use one.

Enjoy your weekend.

P


 
Image result for picture of crowded stores


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...