Thursday, December 17, 2015

Happy Rainy Birthday

12/17/2015

Well, it's official - I'm a year older today - 66!  And since it's not bad enough that my birthday is just before Christmas, which was the excuse my Mother gave me for no birthday parties - it's raining.  Absolutely perfect.  

Jeff bought me a lovely cream colored sweater and a bag of truffles!  Who doesn't love truffles?  I'll put them in the freezer to ward off any unplanned need/excuse to eat them too quickly.  Last month, Jeff bought two powered recliners, which I told him would be my birthday and Christmas present.  So getting presents today was unexpected but also wonderful.  Jeff does so much for me and frankly puts up with a lot (my ups and downs of depression), and continues to take such good care of me and slays any dragons that come my way.  I have for 41 years been blessed to have such a good partner, who loves me in spite of how frustrating I can be.  

Though Jeff has offered, as he always does on my birthday, to take me out to dinner, this year I've decided to cook.  I have steaks defrosting, mashed potatoes and a veggie.  I was going to make corn souffle, but am missing one key ingredient - corn!

I'm going to make my cake and I know that when it's time for dessert, the cake will be wonderful especially with the addition of some vanilla ice cream.  Yumm.

Since I have all my presents wrapped (more or less), I'll have time to do some vacuuming and making an attempt at dusting - or not. Afterwards, I'll probably turn the fireplace on and watch some super cheesy holiday movies. 

P


Image result for chocolate birthday cake pictures

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    Thinking of you and wishing you all the best for the coming year...enjoy your cake. Sending hugs and love your way. Have a wonderful day.
    With much love,

    Marilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for thinking of me. My chocolate cake is in the oven, so I'm really looking forward to dessert! Love P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the cake was delicious...one of my favorites too. Have you tried pistachio cake? Really yummy..it has pudding in it. Love, M

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...