Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Making Birthday Cake and Cleaning Up

12/16/2015

Tomorrow, I'll be one year older but sadly not any smarter!  I guess what we don't know, won't hurt us, unless we're playing on Jeopardy or some other game show.  I do pretty good on Who Wants to be a Millionaire, but really suck at answering Jeopardy questions.

My birthday cake is going to be chocolate because I love all things chocolate.  Instead of the so-so chocolate cakes in a restaurant, I'm going to add mayonnaise to the batter for a very moist cake.  I have several icing options: regular vanilla, vanilla buttercream or German chocolate frosting (coconut, nuts, etc.).  Haven't decided what I'll use.  It's my plan to freeze half the cake so that I don't eat all of the cake at once.  Calories are much better spread out over days or weeks!

I'm going to continue my getting ready for Purple Heart on Monday. I still have some clothes that I either need to put away or donate.  Unfortunately, most of the clothes will have to be donated, because sadly they no longer fit.  I'm sure if I was just taller, I'd be leaner (ya think?) and an extra pound(s) or two wouldn't be such a big problem - or at least that's what I tell myself.

I'm going to donate books as well.  I've tried to give away (yes as in free) hardback books and nobody wants them.  Dragging them to a used bookstore would only result in my getting a few bucks, so it's not really worth the aggravation.  Since I, thanks to my eyesight, can no longer read real books unless they are large print, there's no point in keeping my books.

I "wrapped" presents yesterday.  Yes I did get paper around packages, but I also used some of those plain white boxes and taped the sides shut.  Not pretty I know, but my guys have never cared about paper and bows - thank goodness.

The sun is nice and bright today and I hope it's shining where you are.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...