Sunday, December 20, 2015

Post Craigslist Saturday

12/20/2015

I'm happy to report that I successfully sold (under priced) the Britax car seat and the chaise.  Before I put my items up for sale, I looked at the prices of similar items.  Similar items were selling for far more than I was asking.  But, here's what I do know about Craigslist, if they're buying from Craigslist, they don't and won't pay retail (or close to) prices.  If they wanted to pay full price, they would just go to the store.  It's really that simple.

The lady who bought the car seat fiddled with the straps as if to make sure that they were all there and attaching properly.  She told me that her husband would need to see the car seat and I could just imagine the sale going out the window.  Ultimately her husband told her if she liked it, to buy it, which she did.  What I don't think she thought about was the actual size of the car seat.  They had a terrible time getting in the trunk of their rather small car.  But, if the car seat doesn't fit in their car that is now their problem.

The chaise has gone to the home of a writer and professor at Bowie State University.  He has an old home and told me that the chaise would be perfect in his home.  Since he also does plays, he envisions the chaise being used in future plays.  I couldn't have asked for a better person to adopt the chaise, which after getting into the house, discovered that I didn't like it at all.

All of my presents have arrived and have been wrapped - more or less.  Packing tape works wonders on sealing up boxes that I'm too lazy to wrap.  

Jeff very kindly made spaghetti yesterday, so I didn't have to cook and there is enough leftover to have for tonight's dinner.  In case you're keeping count, that's two days I didn't or don't have to cook dinner.

Chilly out today and it's days like this that I'm glad we have a gas fireplace.  Push the button and you've got fire.  No dragging in wood or ash blowing around.  Of course the downside of a gas fireplace is there's no snapping of wood burning and no smell.  But I can live without all of that.

P
 
Here's Santa checking his list.



Image result for picture of the 20th of december

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...