Friday, December 11, 2015

A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

12/11/2015

This morning, the sun is shining brightly and the sky is blue - could be a song in there somewhere.  Remember I talked about warmer weather requires/needs shorty pants?  Well today is just that kind of day.  Luckily, with my new "system" I can more or less find my warm(er) weather clothes.

Some leaves have blown up into a pile in the garage and front porch.  So I guess I'll be "raking" out the garage today.  Leaves will be an issue until the first frost, which apparently isn't coming anytime soon.

I'm so daring today, that I turned off the furnace and will open some windows.  When the house is closed up for the winter, I miss the freshness I get from the opened windows.  

I could, I suppose, go for a short walk around the neighborhood.  I do pretty well on the flat roads, but at the end of the walk, coming up the hill to the house is really hard for me.  I think that's because of two things: (1) "Arthur" who lives in my left hip; and probably more importantly (2) I'm really out of shape!  I also know that I will never be in shape if I don't take the first step toward that goal.

Since it's Friday, I generally don't cook anything for dinner.  Instead, because Jeff doesn't need a lunch tomorrow, I tend to "nuke" a frozen dinner for the two of us.  You would think with as much time on my hands as I have, that I would relish being in the kitchen cooking. If I know what I'm going to make, then preparing dinner is no big deal.  When it's a big deal, is when I go into the kitchen and stare into the freezer and pantry!  I do that a lot!

Instead of dusting (boring), I might go sit on the porch swing and dangle my feet for awhile.  While there's no money in retiring, you do get hours and hours of free time.  So much free time that I generally don't get much accomplished, because there is always tomorrow and the day after.......

Among other things, today is national noodle ring day, as well as national lost and found day.

Enjoy your Friday.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...