Thursday, December 10, 2015

What's Up With The Weather And What Clothes Do I Wear?

12/10/2015

I have been busy putting away my spring and summer clothes.  I have even taken some pieces of clothing and deemed them unworthy (because they don't fit) to keep, so I'll donate them.  I love warmer weather because I can order and wear right away my "shorty" pants (capri pants to the rest of you).  

Once it's cold outside, I have to resort to regular pants, which no matter where I buy them, always and I do mean always have to be shortened.  When I'm looking through a catalog and I see that the inseam of a petite pair of pants is 27", I grimace.  My inseam is more like 25" and the alteration lady knows me as "too long" when I enter the store.  That says a lot about my relationship with her.  As soon as I walk into the store, she looks up and says "too long"!

Mother Nature apparently can't make up her mind.  Is it long-sleeve weather or isn't it?  Temperatures are expected to be in the 60's for the next few days, which means short sleeves.  If I wanted to wear shorty pants, I'd have to drag them out of a box, and I'm just not in the mood to do that.  

I'm still working on purging my closet(s) so that I can donate my clothing.  I didn't realize that this was going to be such a big task, but it has turned out to be.  Who knew that I had so many clothes?  Jeff don't bother answering that question - it's rhetorical!  

I think we women like new things and so we keep buying.  We buy sometimes with little regard for what is already in our closets, or we have pushed things so far back, that we can't find them anymore.  Since I'm not working, my wardrobe consists of slacks, shorty pants, and tops of all different sleeve (or no) lengths.  

I'm a bit embarrassed by how much clothing I had and how few pieces I actually wore.  I'm trying to fix this (really Jeff I am).  I have taken to hanging up my tops instead of stuffing them in a drawer where they will never again see the light of day.  I have discovered this makes a world of difference in getting dressed each day.  I think when you put clothes in drawers, they are out of sight and out of mind - at least that's my problem.

When I started opening up drawers, I found pieces of clothing that I hadn't seen in a long time.  Things that I had at one time enjoyed wearing.  Those items that fit are now on hangars wear I can see them when I open up my closet.  I'm making progress - I swear I am.

If it's sunny where you are, get outside and soak up some vitamin D.

P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...