Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Monday In Review

12/22/2015

To say that yesterday was a horrible, bad kind of day would be a bit of an under statement. 

You know when you flush the toilet and you hear that glug-glug sound?  Take it from me, that's not a good sound.  I decided to take matters into my hands and with the plunger tried to "fix" whatever was wrong.  The water level in the bowl seemed normal to me, so I flushed the toilet.  That was a big mistake.  My plunging had done nothing whatsoever to the toilet.  What it did do was release water, too much water, which ran over the bowl and onto the floor.  I quickly grabbed the rug to try and sop up some water.  I gathered up an assortment of towels that were in the laundry room (which were clean) and put them down on the floor.  Eventually, the bowl was empty, thank goodness.  And no, I didn't even begin to contemplate flushing again - I was out of towels!

The wet rug and towels weighed a ton and were dripping water everywhere.  I got a cookie sheet and piled it with the wet things and they all went straight into the washing machine.  Okay, on the plus side, the bathroom floor was clean and I had managed to keep the water from leaving the bathroom, which would not have been okay.  

After starting my car to go to the dentist, the check engine light went off on the dashboard.  Jeff has told me that you don't drive with the check engine light on - but I had a dental appointment and drove anyway.

Once I was at the dentist, where I thought I was having some cavities filled, but was mistaken.  Nope, I was fitted with my own rubber set of "teeth" that I have to fill each night with a fluoride gel.  Umm, can hardly wait to use this goo every night.

On my way home I stopped at the grocery store to get the items needed to make pretzel salad and pound cake.  Jeff had written on the white board to buy him buttermilk.  Once inside the store, I headed for the dairy section and bought Jeff four bottles of egg nog!  

Headed home - check engine light is still on.  Once I got home I sent Jeff an email that the check engine light was on and he said he would take my car to the mechanic who takes care of our cars.  

The pharmacy called and my prescription plan wouldn't pay for the fluoride - oh and by the way - we don't have it at this store.  But you can pick it up at a different store later in the day.  Great.

Jeff went to see the mechanic on his way home and was advised to take the car back to the Mercedes dealer.  The mechanic feels that the repair is likely going to be costly (of course it is).  When Jeff got home, he called the dealer and they told him he could have a loaner car on Tuesday morning.  He explained that he leaves for work long before the dealer opens up shop.  So fingers crossed they will have a loaner car for him today after work.

The other bright spot yesterday, was that a few months ago, we had some sort of mechanical problem with the car and the warranty had run out just a few days earlier.  Of course it did.  We paid for an additional warranty period, which should (fingers crossed) cost us nothing or perhaps next to nothing for my car's repair.

After watching an hour or so of television, we both went to bed, glad that the day was behind us.

I believe today is the shortest day of the year, which means Jeff and I will be tired earlier than usual.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...