Friday, December 18, 2015

Buyers from Craigslist

12/18/2015

I am supposed to have a buyer from Craigslist come by and look at the chaise.  When we brought it home, I had visions of becoming a true Victorian woman who swooned!  Far from it.  The chaise is big and frankly uncomfortable.  Since Jeff bought recliners last month, our den is stretched to the limit of how much furniture it can contain.

The man who called me teaches at a local college and is also a writer. He told me that the chaise would be perfect for writing as well as for his home which was built in the early 1900's.  I'm pretty sure he'll show up this afternoon, because when we started talking he told me "he'd take it".  I think that sounds pretty positive. Hope I'm right.

Then tomorrow a lady is supposed to come and look at the Britax car seat.  The price I'm asking is ridiculously fair considering that when it was brand new cost around $300.00.  I did my research on Craigslist and searched for similar car seats.  I think what people forget when they post an ad on Craigslist that nobody wants to pay a retail price.  I could have obviously put the car seat on Craigslist with a much higher price.  But, if I did that, the car seat would still be sitting here next month.  The car seat is big and is currently sitting in a chair in the overcrowded den!  I'm pretty sure she'll show up, so keep your fingers crossed for me.

Last night instead of going out for dinner, Jeff cooked steaks and I made a small amount of mashed (sort of) potatoes for me.  By the way, my chocolate cake with the German chocolate frosting on top is/was delicious.  Since I have a hard time leaving chocolate alone, I should probably either freeze the cake or wrap it up in hopes that Scott might come over this weekend and help me eat the rest of the cake.

Today is national ugly Christmas sweater day as well as national bake cookies day.  I don't own an ugly sweater and I really don't need any more sugar in the house to tempt me!

Happy Friday.

P

My Ugly Christmas Party 3D Light Up Tree Contest Winner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...