Sunday, December 13, 2015

A Quiet Sunday

12/13/2015

Jeff is babysitting Benjamin today while Stacey and Andrew take a woodworking class.  He had to leave early, but to be honest, I didn't even hear him leave.  He'll stay with Benjamin until sometime this afternoon.  There is a Tuba Christmas performance later in the day, and I'm not sure if he'll stay for that or not.

I think I'll probably go upstairs at some point and finish deciding the fate of the remaining clothes that are, at the moment, strewn on the floor and the spare bed.  While going through my clothes, with sizes varying, and not in a good way, I noticed that some "x" size clothes fit me while other "x" clothes did not.  Better quality clothing?  Could be.  I believe you get what you pay for and if you're buying a "hang around the house" t-shirt from WalMart for $10.00 bucks or so, it will fit differently, than say a shirt of the same size from a higher end manufacturer.  

So to make sure that something fits, or doesn't, I have been trying on each piece of clothing before I hang it up in the closet or toss it into a bag for Purple Heart.  It's actually disheartening to see how many clothes I own(ed) that I now need to give away.  

I decided rather than trying to stuff those hang around the house shirts into a drawer, where only the things on top ever get worn, I'm hanging them up.  By hanging them up, I can go to the closet and easily spot what top I want to wear.  This way nothing gets left behind!  Also by having them where I can see them, it eliminates my need (nah desire) to buy something new.  This is very good news for Jeff!

Once I'm through with clothes, then I can take a look at my shoes.  And yes I own more than a few pairs!  What woman doesn't?  We need the right shoe to go with the right clothes to the right event.  Simple isn't it?  You guys just don't know what you're missing.  A lot of men have shoes: brown, black and tennis shoes.  

Today is National Ice Cream Day.  I'll have to participate!

P

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...